Wednesday, December 22, 2010

1 Baked Brie with Candied Pecans

My friend Christi, from P is for Party, introduced me to this lovely blog, Party Box Design! Party Box Design features all things "party" and has wonderful ideas for decorations, food to serve at a party, and specializes in invitations and thank you notes! Today I am honored to be a guest blogger on Party Box Design in which I am sharing one of my favorite desserts, Cherry Delight!

One of the main reasons I love Party Box Design is because Jessica shared a delightful brie recipe on the blog and I served it for Thanksgiving! I can't even describe how amazing this recipe is. . . cheese, fruit, brown sugar and nuts. . . how can you not love it? Believe me, the brie was gone before everyone sat down for Thanksgiving dinner!

(Don't forget the DBA Cookbook Giveaway closes Christmas Eve!)

Picture by Martha Stewart and Recipe from Party Box Design

Baked Brie with Candied Pecans
1 Round Brie
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup of chopped pecans (I like halved pecans)
1 box of fresh raspberries
2 tart apples(Granny Smith)
1 box of assorted crackers
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Remove the thin white film off the top of the brie with a knife and place brie in a pretty baking dish(no need to transfer once heated as who needs more dirty dishes to clean). Spread the brown sugar and pecans over the top of the brie- then softly place fresh raspberries on as well. Bake approx 30 minutes, or until center is a gooey yummy mess.
While the brie is baking, cut the apples into thin slices(but not too soon, as the apples will turn brown, so shortly before its ready).
When the brie is done, remove and surround with apples and crackers!
Pin It!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...