Thursday, November 5, 2009

7 "When I fall in love. . . "

I am marrying the most amazing man in the world on June 5th! I keep pinching myself to make sure that I am not dreaming and really am spending the rest of my life with Nate!

On Wednesday, November 4th, Nate told me that he was going to come to my house and we were going to go to dinner! After spending some time together, Nate told me to go and look upstairs because he hid something for me in my room! I looked and looked and after having to get some hints from Nate found. . . a 25 WSSM Super Short Mag!!



I was SOOOO excited! This gun is not made anymore and it is virtually impossible to find new! Nate found me a new one and it is beautiful!!!! Deer season starts this weekend and I was thrilled!!!! This past deer season, I used our friend, Chris' WSSM and did really well with it! Since then I had been looking for one with no luck! He kept telling me he was going to take pictures to show Chris! Nate kept taking pics and telling me to turn around and point the gun so he could see all of it.

I turned back around and Nate was on one knee with a RING in his hand!!!! I was in total shock when he asked me to marry him! I kept just yelling "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!"

Numerous people knew the day it happened including my sweet roommate, Amy!

After calming down, I tried calling my parents but they would not answer. They told me earlier that they were going to a Sunday School party that night! After literally calling them for 30 minutes, Nate told me to call other people! He said we had dinner reservations at Maggianos at 6:30 so we left for dinner with me still in shock!

Still not being able to believe what was happening, we walked into Maggianos and saw my family, Gigi, Elizabeth Mayfield, and the Hutkas! I could not believe the Hutkas drove in from Navasota just to have dinner with us! What special friends! My family was so excited and that excitement has not worn off for any of us! I am forever thankful for the Lord placing Nate in my life and in his perfect way leading us to this point!




Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! so happy for ya'll! you look great and super happy! woohoo for weddings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOO happy for you two! more excited to have a new permanent Woodlands resident :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats friend!!! Love your blog!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO happy for you sweet friend! Love y'alls story so much:) You are going to be the most beautiful bride!! Nate is so lucky! Can't wait to see you and celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you are busy now but really, can we get together? dinner soon???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Dalton!!! So excited for you! AND I just found your blog! Adding you to our list so I can keep up with you. What a blessing for you two!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...